Tuesday, July 5, 2022

More than Hulk, we are invincible


Invincible, a word that is heavier than it seems. 

Google defines it as being “too powerful to be defeated or overcome”. I wonder what it takes to be so powerful that everything seems little in comparison. 

Unshaken is my definition. Being invincible is like knowing the storm exists but to not get swayed in the wind. The power to do which comes from within. We all have this invincible power to stand against the worst of odds. 

I live with a medical diagnosis, but I LIVE. I live like the girl next door or the colleague at work. I live on, facing and conquering the storm that my diagnosis brings. Many of those around me have also been through the doctor’s spiel. “Unfortunately you have this, which means you will have to do this, and we can help you with this. Have you been through this? Going through thousands of google searches to find a reason for the diagnosis or a way to easily deal with it every day. I too went through hours of googling anxiously.  But this is why we are invincible. We LIVE, we live on past the moment that shook the ground we stand on, but we still LIVE. We still continue to love ourselves, our lives and those in it. We live on and we love on. 

I thought being invincible meant never having to visit a doctor, to have the perfect health, to have no medical diagnoses. But invincible is the resilience in the face of a diagnosis, the ability to live a good quality life and prosper in a world where a medical history can prove to be stigmatizing.

We are invincible, our hurdles are hidden behind the curtains, our resilience largely unknown. We are invincible and we open our curtains to make it known that our medical diagnoses makes us stronger and healthier. We are invincible. 

                                                                                -DR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schmidt Syndrome: An Uphill Battle Against Myself

I was maybe 18 years old when my mom passed away. She would often complain of being tired and say she is tanning by sitting indoors. This wa...