Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Mission Invincible: Meet the Editors



Alone we can accomplish so little, with a partner we can accomplish so much and with a team our  accomplishments are boundless.  

Without our editorial team our InvincibleWeAre initiative is incomplete. 

So today we would like to introduce a few of our very dedicated and motivated new editors to the team. While we cannot introduce all of them here today, we recognize the behind-the-scenes efforts our editors have put into every post you will read in the future. Simply put, they are the much needed heart to our mission. Below we present to you a few anonymous introductions from the editors themselves and what keeps them motivated!

..........

"After a summer of qualitative research on patients’ illness experiences, I knew I wanted to find an outlet to continue amplifying patient voices. When I heard that the InvincibleWeAre team was looking for volunteer editors, I had to join the team!" ~R.S

"Throughout my professional and personal life, I have learned that teamwork in a healthcare setting is crucial, and that the most important part of that team is always the patient. Every time I meet a patient, I make an effort to understand them as a whole person, and to advocate for their care to be tailored to their individual needs, preferences, and values. Patients are so much more than the sum of their medical conditions. After hearing about the InvincibleWeAre team reinforcing the importance of patient-centered care by creating a space for patients to share their stories, I knew that this was a team I wanted to be a part of. In addition to believing in the principles of this group, I am also happy to be able to learn from these patient voices by reading their stories as an editor!" ~M.S.

"I joined the InvincibleWeAre team to listen to, learn from, and help amplify patient voices. It is fascinating to me how everyone – strangers, passers-by, patients in hospital lobby waiting rooms or beds – has a story that is as complex and vivid to them as mine is to me. And as a future healthcare provider, I realize that eliciting patient narratives is requisite for practicing individualized, compassionate, and holistic medicine, and beyond that, for connecting with patients, one human to another. I am grateful to the patients willing to share their stories – their experiences, their triumphs, and their pain – and hope that InvincibleWeAre makes them feel seen and heard. Undoubtedly, their voices are a source of strength for those with similar stories and insight for care providers on the other side of the hospital bed." ~N.D.

..........

Together with this growing InvincibleWeAre team we are eager to keep you engaged with more anonymous personal stories and reflective pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schmidt Syndrome: An Uphill Battle Against Myself

I was maybe 18 years old when my mom passed away. She would often complain of being tired and say she is tanning by sitting indoors. This wa...